PMP Sprockets Shock Sox Maxim Honda Holeshot Mag Texas Trackmasters

Speed Graffix Black Sock Mafia! BERM Motorsports Granbury Motorsports

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Help Josh Demuth Recover

Default Help Josh Demuth Recover

Hello Everyone,

As many of you may be aware by now, Josh Demuth (4-time Arenacross Champion) suffered a severely broken wrist, punctured lung, fractured sternum, fractured hip, many broken ribs and a few other injuries while practicing for the upcoming Arenacross season.

Josh will be in the hospital for many days, and has a long recovery road ahead of him not only physically, but financially. With his Arenacross season now at a halt, his income will be at a standstill.

Josh is one of the great personalities in our sport. The "Sheriff", as he is nationally known.... has always smiled, and treated his fans/people great. He has always helped out others with their "Good Causes", whether it was signed jersey donations, making appearances, or other helpful ways requested by many. It would be nice to return some of that moto-love back to him now!

Josh could really use our help right now. Any amount of donation, no matter how small would be a huge help $5, $10 $15, $20, $50, $100+ it all adds up!

Donations can be submitted through www.PayPal.com using the Send Money option with this email address - HelpJoshDemuthRecover@BermMotorsports.com

Thank YOU all in advance for your support and prayers!

Photo: BERM MEDIA
    Last edited by SG Berm book; December 10th, 2010 at 06:20 AM.
    A must have for all Texas motocross fans!
    To read about TX motocross history check out the book below. Can be found at Barnes & Noble Texas bookstore locations as well as participating Texas m/c dealerships or at www.BermBook.com
    Coffee Table, Texas Motocross history book. Hard Cover, Full Gloss, 120 pages.

Shand G - Berm Motorsports
    www.BermMotorsports.com
    www.BermBook.com
    www.ShockSox.com
    www.HoleshotMag.com

Real sorry to hear this about Josh. Josh is a friend to many of us and I agree we should help him out here. I have been waiting for an opportunity to use something I have and I am going to use it here. I won the Auction at I-35 at the Tanner Heemsburgen benefit for the custom painted helmet by Mr. Jeff Long. Because I felt like I bought the auction to cheap I just donated the money and talked to Jeff and elected to not insult his talent as an artist and have him paint me a helmet. We agreed that we would wait until a good cause and redonate or auction it back off again and put the money towards a good cause. Well here is a good cause. I need someone to help me figure the best way for us to auction it off on here.

Edit:
    Ok because people have stepped up to the plate so quickly I have to edit my post already. The helmet has been donated. A bell Moto 8 helmet with a custom Jeff Long paint job would cost you in excess of $750.00. The winning bidder will now get the whole package deal here so get your bids in, get yourself a one of a kind helmet and lets help send some money Josh' way to help him out.

Hang in their Josh our thoughts and prayers are with you.

The winning bidder will get this certificate and the helmet. The money will be going to Josh and not the Tyler Heemsbergen cause as that has already been donated.
    Last edited by motocrossnut34; December 8th, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

i'll start the bidding at $250 if that helps.

BELL Helmets & MDS (Motorcyle Dealer Services) has donated a BELL Moto 8! I will have the helmet on Tuesday ,and will get it to you Nut34, or JL-NTI. Great idea btw!
    To read about TX motocross history check out the book below. Can be found at Barnes & Noble Texas bookstore locations as well as participating Texas m/c dealerships or at www.BermBook.com

www.BermMotorsports.com
    www.BermBook.com
    www.ShockSox.com
    www.HoleshotMag.com

Add mxjeff2 on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by motocrossnut34 View Post
    Real sorry to hear this about Josh. Josh is a friend to many of us and I agree we should help him out here. I have been waiting for an opportunity to use something I have and I am going to use it here. I won the Auction at I-35 at the Tanner Heemsburgen benefit for the custom painted helmet by Mr. Jeff Long. Because I felt like I bought the auction to cheap I just donated the money and talked to Jeff and elected to not insult his talent as an artist and have him paint me a helmet. We agreed that we would wait until a good cause and redonate or auction it back off again and put the money towards a good cause. Well here is a good cause. I need someone to help me figure the best way for us to auction it off on here.

You have to supply the helmet and Jeff Long will put one of his world famous, well known custom artistic paint jobs on the helmet. A paint job like this will normally run you in excess of $450.00 so your not only getting something for your money we are helping out our brother Josh in the mean time. I will donate whatever the helmet paint job brings to Josh Demuth.

Hang in their Josh our thoughts and prayers are with you.

If someone could find it in them to donate a nice name brand white helmet we could really get this off and going for Josh.
    Good call.
    Unofficial President of the Winky Highlights Fan Club.

JL-NTI - the helmet donated by BELL and MDS is not solid white - but I know your down for a little extra elbow grease for this cause!

www.BermMotorsports.com
    www.BermBook.com
    www.ShockSox.com
    www.HoleshotMag.com

I try to be civil on the forums, but the posters on RacerX can keep it to themselves. Josh is a great guy and is Macey's hero. To not try and help a fellow motocrosser, especially one that holds himself as Josh does is wrong. I am giving tonight! I am very angry about the posts and only wish they knew Josh as we all do. He probably doesn't remember me, but I am going to JPS tomorrow to see him. What in the hell has this world come to? I am not bitter. Eff em all, Josh is the Sheriff!!! Thanks Shand!!
    Last edited by Stackman17; December 9th, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Stackman17
    Retired Vet/Mini Dad
    M3 RACING/SLM Racing-KTM of North Texas
    Shock Sox/Pro Taper/Motorex/EKS Goggles/DeCal Works/BERM
    Big thanks to Todd Tarver and men at KTM N. Tex.

I am Josh's Sister and Just wanted to send out a BIG Thank you to everyone that has Josh in thier thoughts and prayers. Our family can use a lot of them right now. I am glad to see that Josh is loved my so many. Thank you all so very much!!!

Money sent and I will see him tomorrow. Does he need anything? M3 Racing, Mac, Macey and Mac.
    Stackman17
    Retired Vet/Mini Dad
    M3 RACING/SLM Racing-KTM of North Texas
    Shock Sox/Pro Taper/Motorex/EKS Goggles/DeCal Works/BERM
    Big thanks to Todd Tarver and men at KTM N. Tex.

Default Disability Policy

I know this won't help him, but it would have if he (and or) will help him if he has one. These are actually popular for the many of the top riders. If anyone is interested let me know I can do these policies. Hopefully he had one, and god bless him in his recovery. He is a Texas Legend!

Josh Demuth is a class act. I have seen him ride from peewee's to the Big Boy Bikes and watched him grow to a great young man. I spent many weekends with him on the arenacross tours and seen how he treats his fans and the fans respect him. He is one of the finest guys in this industry and has given back to several causes by donating his gear for auctions etc. So now its time for us to step up and give to a cause that is well deserved. Josh Demuth needs our help so lets pull together as a motocross family and help josh!

I have know the Demuth's from my Ohio days as Josh's family is originally from Ohio and I watched him race the Marion Indoors as a kid and seen him grow into a dedicated rider who would give the shirt off his back for anyone. Josh Demuth is my friend and a great mentor to any kid growing up.

SPEEDY RECOVERY JOSH D

Becky Koons

Since this link/page is going Viral, sure would be nice if we could step up and keep the language acceptable.

Thanks for being mindful, and not mad.

JL,
    I don't know how far you are in the process of completing the Que Ball of mine, but if it is not already painted and labeled, feel free to use that sucker to auction off for JD. Its a Shoei (can't remember what model), and has never been out of the box.
    - Brad Wilson

Guys (and Gals) - we've had some great support come in, and plenty of phone calls with well wishes. It's great to know that there are so many people out there that are truly motocross family oriented and understand these types of things. Josh works very hard for his money whether he's on a bike, or in an oil-field getting his hands dirty in the off season working a regular job trying to make ends meet like the rest of us. We all know what being tied up in a hospital bed with tubes going into your lungs + broken wrists mean for future work & income.... not good.

As far as the bashers posting on Racer X - this was never a demand - only a simple, honest request for those that may be in a position to help out in this time of need. Some people get it, and some people don't.

A big "Thank You" to everyone that understands!

www.BermMotorsports.com
    www.BermBook.com
    www.ShockSox.com
    www.HoleshotMag.com

Cool This Sheriff will ride into town again.

So sorry to hear about this. Josh was always a favorite rider of mine. First saw him holeshot a 125cc National (remember those) at Unadilla and lead for several laps. My brother and I looked at each other and knew he was going someplace. Years later as the east coast correspondent for Cycle New's coverage of the National AX series, I saw Josh dethrone the Budman and become champion himself. Proud of my tattooed mx brother.

I usually send out a certain amount monthly to various charities but this month its all going to help Josh out.

Heal up Sheriff, you WILL ride into town again, this isnt your ride off into the sunset...too early for that.
    Mj

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast